domingo, 16 de marzo de 2014

What Is My Race?

It is hard to determine wich race I am, because race is what humans use to organize society and power. Race is define as the classification of humans into large groups. They are classificated by, cultural, ethnic, genetic, nationallity and religius. According to this  I am an Hispanic Latino or also  I could be white. Race has considered the white as the superior class and black as the lower class. People think that beacuse we are from South America, we had been stereotyped. People think that we are indians. But is not like thatt and even we are equal, we are just one race, we are humans.

(image take from http://blog.world-mysteries.com)


What race I am? I was born in Cucuta, Colombia. In the past were I was born the "Motilones" the indians lived there, and their traits were like dark skin and dark hair. I am white skin, my hair is blond, my eyes are like yellow-green. Our traits don´t define what race we are but our actions do. Because it just exist one race:Humans. So, if you ask me: What is my race? I`ll answer you: I am human, that is my only race.

(image take from http://biblicalproof.wordpress.com/2011/10/05/one-race-human-race/)

1 comentario:

  1. I like that you put factors that could determine race.That gave us an idea of factors that we should consider if we want to determine such a difficult thing like race.

    ResponderEliminar